Laura has opened a new store. She would like to advertise this. The more light and moving elements, the better the advertisement. Can you help her make a fun, eye-catching billboard?
In this workshop, a drawing on plexiglass is animated by using different colors and programming the LED strip in the correct sequence.
Total internal reflection, color theory
Lasercutting, Arduino, Soldering
Looking for the photonics materials?
- Total internal reflection of light in transparant materials.
- Small squares, facets are cut on a diamond.
- All facets must fit together perfectly.
- By perfect grinding, 99.9% of the incoming light will reflect.
- = Optimal brilliance
WHAT DO THE PARTICIPANTS LEARN:
- Describe the critical angle and total reflection with concrete examples.
- Describe and illustrate additive and subtractive color mixing.
- Describe the concepts of main colors, mixed colors, complementary colors for additive color mixing.
- Describe the concepts of main colors, mixed colors, complementary colors with subtractive color mixing.
- Explain the perceived color of light and objects using principles of subtrative and additive color mixing.
- Describe the concept of color of an object by indicating which light colors are absorbed by the object and to what extent.
- Describe the concept of color on a website as a combination of the light colors red, green and blue.
- Building their own setup and linking observations the theory.